Bricking started this week, but it has been slow going, thanks to the inclement weather that Sydney has been experiencing. As mentioned in our previous post, we happened to meet our brickie last Friday, when we stopped by to see the new veranda that had been completed. He seemed confident that bricking would move ahead pretty quickly, with one day needed this week to complete a previous job. Unfortunately the wet weather we’ve been experiencing hasn’t helped to expedite the process, so it looks like we’re in for a bit of a delay.
With Monday and Tuesday passing with very little progress (the bricks were laid out in preparation at some point during these two days), Wednesday arrived with our neighbour Amanda alerting us to the fact that work had started nice and early. Finally, agreeable weather. The outlook for today and tomorrow is the same, with rain set to return late Friday night. Either way, we’ll head out to the house again on Saturday and check up on the progress.
In other news, we put a deposit down on our tiles and carpet this week with DiLorenzo. We’re locked in with the colour choices now, and if our site supervisor agrees to it, can have the common area tiles put in at the same time as the tiles for the wet areas. That should cut a few days off the move in date.
Keep your fingers cross for good weather this week, and see you Saturday.