Living in a Golf Community

I’m quite excited to be living in a Golf Community. I golf and, while I’m not great, I plan on making an effort to better my game and meet some like minded neighbours with a similar love of golf. You’d think that’d be easy right, living in a golf community? Apparently it’s not as easy as you’d think…

Statistics show that in Australia, less than 30% of people that buy in a golf community do so because of the easy access to a golf course. The other 70% buy in for other reasons, but everyone loves the resort style living. I know we’ll be taking full advantage of all the additional amenities besides golf – from the gym to the sports bar (why wouldn’t I?). Many younger families move into a golf community because they seek tranquil surrounding and a beautiful home to enjoy while not at the office. Older couples choose golf course community living for retirement. For these active adults, private communities simply represent a change of pace.

One of the things I’m most looking forward to is the social aspect. I think that Stonecutters will attract a wide range of the homeowners. Communities such as this become almost like small cities within cities, and it allows all of the neighbors to get to know one another on an entirely different level. From the few households that we’ve already met, albeit briefly, it seem like they’re primarily younger couples/families. Megan and I are in the same position, and to know that there’s a group of us all looking to build our future at Stonecutters is pretty exciting.

About Stefan
Stefan is the regular writer for Megan & Stefan, and hails originally from San Diego, California. A resident of Australia since 2007, he write about his experiences living abroad, his love of photography, and documenting the process of building a house here in this sunburnt country he calls home. Feel free to drop him a line - he's always up for a chat.

Speak Your Mind

%d bloggers like this: